COVID-19 CUSTOMER PROTECTIONS ARE ENDING JULY 1, 2021.
Please CLICK HERE for more information about how Alpine is helping customers in this transition. Service disconnections will not resume until October 1, 2021.
If you remain impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic, please contact Alpine to discuss what options may be available to you.
• Phone: (209) 772-3006
• Email: email@example.com
Utility bill assistance and other resources may also be available to you through:
The Amador – Tuolumne Community Action Agency
• Phone: (209) 223-1485
• Website: atcaa.org/utility-bill-assistance
California Department of Housing and Community Development Website
Alpine Natural Gas is participating in the 30 days to slow the spread mitigation efforts.
CDC guidelines are being followed for the safety of our customers and our employees. While we are an essential service, Governor Gavin Newsom’s declaration of a State of Emergency and a “Stay at Home Order”, means we must balance the continuation of our natural gas services while adhering to the guidelines provided.
• Business office is closed to customers;
• An Alpine employee is in office during normal business hours to handle customer service communications via telephone and email;
• Office personnel follow frequent hand washing techniques;
• Social Distancing is practiced with staff;
• Frequent Cleaning of work space surfaces;
• Field personnel – at any one time is a staff of one providing only required pipeline maintenance, emergency response and meter shutoff and turn on procedures;
• Field personnel are trained in social distancing and use of personal protective equipment when appropriate.
Alpine is implementing the following emergency disaster relief program customer protections identified in D.19-07-015 and Resolution M-4842 issued by the California Public Utilities Commission. These protections will be applied retroactively to March 4, 2020, and will be made available to all residential and small business customers affected by COVID-19:
• Payment plan options for residential customers;
• Suspending disconnection for non-payment and associated fees;
• Waiving any applicable deposit and late fee requirements;
• Suspending all CARE program removals to avoid unintentional loss of the discounted rate during the period for which a customer is protected under these customer protections;
• Discontinued generating all recertification and verification requests that require customers to provide their current income information.
Disconnections for non-payment and CARE application re-certifications are suspended for customers with COVID 19 or are now un-employed because of COVID 19.
CARE program discounts are now available to customers who are un-employed because of COVID 19.
If you have recently lost your job, even if you are receiving unemployment benefits, you may qualify for a reduced energy rate through our CARE program – CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CARE APPLICATION FORM
• Complete & sign CARE application and return by mail or place in our office drop box.